What are Babymatratze?
Babymatratze is the German term for Baby or Crib Mattresses. Mattresses are the reason that makes sleep comfortable and cozy for a person. When a couple has their baby, it is a mandate for them to take care for their baby’s needs during sleep. The baby Mattresses not only provides a comfortable sleep to a baby during bedtime but also assist in the baby’s growth along with the comfort and safety. These mattresses are required in crib considering the fact that a growing baby continues to use a crib until he is around 3 years old. So while purchasing the Baby mattresses one must keep in mind the factor of its durability.
What do parents need to focus on when purchasing baby mattresses?
Parents need to focus on numerous factors when buying babymatratze. They need to consider all the below points:
- Perfect Size: A baby mattress should fit the crib perfectly such that there remains no gap between the frame of the crib and the matratze. The space between the mattress and frame means it can lead to suffocation of the baby which highly not recommended. The Federal Government has given a standard size to select mattresses
- How firm it is: Firm babymatratze means it is the ideal one for the baby even if they seem too hard.
- Mattress Density: A baby’s safety is dependent on the firmness of the mattress hence higher the density the better it is.
- Mattress Resiliency: Resiliency is determined how fast the mattress gains back its original shape after being pressed to deform. The fast it takes old shape better it is for the baby’s sleep
- How heavy is it: One needs to keep the weight of mattresses in mind as parents, will have change the mattress while changing the sheets in the crib.
- Ticking: A baby mattress requires nylon reinforced ticking in double or more lamination
- Vent creation: A good smell in mattress for babies is of utmost importance and venting on the sides ensures that
- Keep it clean: Suggested mode of mattress cleaning should be spot cleaning
- Certificate of Safety: The United States mandates safety for kids and makes sure that the babymatratze undergo tests for materials to be certified as safe to use
Baby Mattresses and their types:
- Foam based Mattresses: Babymatratze with foam fillings are the lightest among all and come with various thicknesses starting from 3 to 6 inches. But one must be careful that while buying so that the foam mattresses are firm, resilient and have some weight
- Mattresses with Inner-spring: These mattresses have internal springs which are stuffed with foam based padding and covered with fabric.
- Mattresses made with organic materials: All natural stuffing’s like wool and cotton are used to make these mattresses. They are expensive in nature but are worth paying that amount.
- Mattresses that Breathe: These mattresses are such made that a baby can breathe comfortably even when his head is pressed against the mattress.